Saturday 7 January 2017

Treat psoriasis with me: Intro + My story

So.
I have psoriasis
(Sounded so dramatic lol).

*If you don't know what it is HERE is Wikipedia's link to it ;)*

Last winter I started to get super itchy red bumps all over my arms and back that itched so bad I HAD to scratch them till it bleeds. Yeah sounds pretty creepy. I didn't really do much about that. I started to moisturise more, I thought it's only dry skin, that's normal for winter I guessed. But then those dry flaky red skin bumps decided that my forehead is a perfect place for them to settle down ;) I had only like 2 scales on my forehead but it didn't look appealing at all. Thus I decided to go to the dermatologist to find out what the hell is going on. She calmly told me that I have psoriasis. So said I will be having it for the rest of mt life and that there is NO treatment that could heal my scales immediately or forever. I was surprised because this skin disease is inherited but no one in my family has it. She also said that I won't die for this and that it's not contagious in any way or form. **good to know**





The dermatologist prescribed me with some creams and told me to stay away from stress and moisturise as much as possible. I did everything that she said. But how can you stay away from stress in 10-11th grade????

Then I started to go from blogs to blogs to medical articles to find any kind of treatment. And surprise surprise. I didn't find ANYTHING. I was upset.

I started to do my own research. I bought stronger creams and moistured as much as possible. It helped for some time,

But then my scalp started to itch. And I got psoriasis on my head ;) I was constantly scratching and bleeding. After any type of stress or when I didn't get enough of sleep, it would go even worse.

I started to read more about psoriasis. Not about creams but about a lifestyle that could help to treat my disease.

And then is when I got an idea to start series about what worked and what didn't for me. I will try to be as active as possible because 3% of us has this skin disease. I don't say that I am any kind of dermatologist or smth like that but I have this disease, I think that's even more important. So from now on be ready for some reviews about stuff for dry/flaky/scaly skin haha!

***ALSO if there is any brand who makes products for psoriasis it would be a dream if you would want to collaborate!**

But don't worry! I will still be doing my blog like it was!

Have a great day!

Love,
Barbora

No comments:

Post a Comment